Friday, January 17, 2014

Tears of joy

Tears of joy

Tears are not mist or dew drops, they neither are of you or belong to you
They dwell, come and go as if they were waves, a love song
I am of salty water, that tears have formed
But I find myself looking at the mirror and
Tears begin to run down on glass pane
As a blossom of tears, I shall fade into the misty darkness
And less of a joy to the twilight when it finds me not there
Can we help this pain, by not shedding tears
But find in ourselves something everlasting that we can tell
Our children, grand kids how much they mean to us
Its tears of joy that sees a face and loves in its relief
Paint sorrows out of tear drops, a picture so perfect
That love sighs and spells your name on its brow
I wish to be those tears of my friends and loved ones
Who are with me now, today
Gone will they be like tears tomorrow just like you and me.
Like clay, like a maple leaf just floating on a stream
Think of the stream that never found its river
Think of the sparkles you have now
Flickering on the joys of eternity

No comments:

Post a Comment