Friday, January 17, 2014

Poets Glory

The poets glory

Before that noble death unmistakably announces my departure
Uncloaked and rigid to the bones
Flipping the bird at this mundane world
I prepare for my journey,  misty lips reciting prayers

Before the lamp burns out its frozen oil
Before rigor mortis sets in, braiding my eye brows
I want to say a few parting words
I don't know what words  should I use
What tongue, what native dance should I design

Before the funeral pyre is lit
I wait on the side lines, shrouded, and silent
I can still hear the lapping Ganges
To what use is my hearing aid

Oh what a joy it is to loose this world, that never was mine
In  the first place
And I leave behind a few dark poems  that you can remember me by
This was all a poet could ask
To have laughed a few moments, and died the next
Before spring comes, sunshine reveals the world, lifting
Darkness
While you sleep, I travel to the other world
Just  to be a whole basket full of ashes
Just like my grand mother
Carrying bananas  to sell at the local market
Fill your baskets with my ashes
And do whatever you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment