Friday, January 17, 2014

At crossroads of mercies

At crossroads

Roads are flooded with despair
And stop signs are all sunk
Beneath the torrid currents
Few words etched on the pavements
Still glitters with lovers name

Light comes with its shadows
The dark is first to appear
I take the untrodden road
Stuck at crossroads of anxiety and fear

Now here is where I belong
On the street of ash
Lined by flowering trees of sand dunes
Amongst the buzzing flies of anguish

What a dreamer I have been
Thinking all roads leads to your love
Dark are the lanes that reach your feet
Hazy are my eyes with mists of your deceit

I light every street lamp as I pass by
Hoping you will embrace me from distance
From the disdain of your gaze to the dawn of my life
In one flick of your hair

Or else I will forsake this town
This road that leads nowhere
It was only for you that I visit
My grave that has been flooded with my own tears

No comments:

Post a Comment